The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
This year’s programs feature:
- Seven lecture series totaling 43 presentations, offered via online through Zoom;
- Special urgent and critical series - Election 2020 and the Lasting Impact of Covid-19
- More than 50 study groups on a wide variety of topics;
- Three casual, friend-producing afternoon programs — well-suited to people not yet retired;
OLLI's Fall 2020 Term
- OLLI is active online! We will be live streaming lectures and providing other online content to keep you engaged and informed.
- See Welcome to OLLI-UM Online for an overview of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs.
Fall 2020 Registration Dates and Deadlines
- Wednesday, August 5: Fall term registration begins, equal opportunity registration period for Study Groups and Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) opens
- Monday, September 7: Equal opportunity registration lottery period closes
- Friday, September 11: Lotteries conducted for events that are oversubscribed and notifications sent
- Monday, September 21: Fall term classes start
How to Sign Up for Fall 2020
- Register online at www.olli-umich.org (preferred and appreciated this term!). You need to use your OLLI e-mail address and password to Sign In. Then use the online Course Catalog to find and register for events using a Visa, Mastercard , Discover or American Express card to pay.
- Register by mailing in your registration form with a check. In-person registration at the OLLI office is not available this term.
- Information about using Zoom is available online. A Zoom Meeting Tutorial video is also available for viewing to help people get started.
OLLI in Action
Watch our video to see how our programs impact our members' lives.