The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
This year, since June 2020, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – OLLI – has offered a total of 245 study groups, lectures, events in the Commons and other opportunities for its members to learn and connect with others, all online. In the last year since May of 2020, OLLI has served 39,714 attendees to OLLI virtual lectures, study groups, social offerings, travel, and special afternoon programming and many special events.
Fall 2021 programs will be conducted online using Zoom.
The OLLI offices are closed to the public during the pandemic, but you can reach OLLI staff by sending e-mail to email@example.com (link sends e-mail) and by calling, 734-998-9351.
30+ years of service to adult learners ages 50+
Upcoming OLLI Events
Some upcoming OLLI events are free and open to the public. Scholarships are available.
OLLI's Fall Kickoff!!!
September 1, 2021:
10:00AM - 12:00PM
Free webinar link coming soon, no registration required!
- 10:00-10:15am Looking Ahead with Lisa Barton, OLLI Director, and Lynn Boyer, OLLI Leadership Council President
- 10:15-11:15am Achieving Social Justice and Racial Equity: The Changing Relationship Between Policing and Communities: Reverend Mashod A. Evans, Sr.
- In 2019, the Ann Arbor’s City Council formed the Independent Community Police Oversight Commission. Within the first year of its existence, the death of Ahmad Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and others would bring the discussion of Police Oversight onto the national stage. This talk will focus on the experiences and reflection of an inaugural member of the Independent Community Police Oversight Commission, through the lenses of an African American faith leader.
- 11:15am-12:00pm Looking through the Catalog...
- OLLI’s program representatives will take your questions and share opportunities for volunteers.
We hope to see you there!
- The Schmoozery and Poetry Reading with Ginny Bentz, will continue meeting through the summer and into the 2021- 22 program year.
- Coffee + Show or Tell is on summer break and will resume on September 7th with a new title – Coffee with Marta.
- The First Friday Happy Hour is taking a break during July and August, but will be back starting Friday, September 3.
- The Book Beat is taking a break during June, July and August. It will be back starting Tuesday, September 28th.
- Online registration for Fall starts on August 5th, stay tuned for details!