The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
30+ years of service to adult learners ages 50+
OLLI is Active Online!
OLLI's 2020-21 programs are being conducted online using Zoom.
- For an overview of OLLI's Winter/Spring term 2020-21 programs, visit the Programs & Activities web page.
- OLLI is live streaming lectures and providing other online content to keep you engaged and informed.
- OLLI's 2020-21 programs are being conducted online using Zoom.
- The OLLI offices are closed to the public, but you can reach OLLI staff by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) and by calling, 734-998-9351.
Winter/Spring 2020-21 Registration
Winter/Spring registration is open now.
- OLLI's Winter/Spring print Catalog was sent out by U.S. Mail in mid-December.
- OLLI's Winter/Spring 2020-21 offerings are also listed in the online Course Catalog and online in a PDF version of the print Catalog.
- A Winter/Spring equal opportunity registration period for Study and Shared Interest Groups closed a little after 3 pm on Tuesday, January 12th. Lotteries were conducted for classes that were oversubscribed. The lottery results were sent out by e-mail Wednesday afternoon.
- First come, first served registration for events that are not oversubscribed continues after January 12th. If an an event is full, members have the option of being placed on a waiting list.
- Online registration is preferred, but registration forms may also be sent in by U.S. Mail.
- In-person registration at the OLLI office is not available this term.
- The annual OLLI-UM membership fee is $25 and covers the period from September 1st to August 31st.
- Lecture and class fees vary. Some programs are free.
- Scholarships are available.